Sunday 24 March 2013

The best prawn noodle soup (har mee) in Sydney?

Lee's Malaysian
1a Hunter Street, Sydney.

With the wave of the food revolution, Masterchef, My Kitchen Rules hitting our shores, we are all becoming increasingly well versed on our culinary knowledge. "The Best in Sydney" is a common phrase I am seeing these days in good food guides. So this brings me to my discovery of possibly in my opinion the best har mee (prawn noodle soup) in Sydney.

Har Mee $9.50
The Har Mee has a beautiful authentic taste. Rich flavoured broth with a spicy sambal. This is the real thing. Here. And the best part is? If you ask for extra sambal, (like a true Malaysian or Singaporean would) it tastes damn good and spicy! I love how it has all the traditional trimmings you would find in a traditional Har Mee like the half boiled egg and sliced pork. Great Har Mee without having to get on a plane to Malaysia.

Lee's Malaysian used to have a shop in the HSBC building in Town Hall, but that’s now occupied by Makan at Alice. Head over to Lee's Wynyard store on 1a Hunter Street, Sydney. Opposite Wynyard station (George Street side).

Lee's Malaysian on Urbanspoon

No comments: